pgsql/src/makefiles Makefile.win

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql/src/makefiles Makefile.win
Date: 2001-09-06 02:58:33
Lists: pgsql-committers

CVSROOT: /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name: pgsql
Changes by: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org 01/09/05 22:58:33

Modified files:
src/makefiles : Makefile.win

Log message:
On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 08:15:45PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Can someone research this and figure out what the proper solution for
> this is? Seems we are going around in circles if we keep
> adding/removing DLLIMPORT.

I believe that the attached patch is the correct solution -- I apologize
for the gyrations. With the attached patch, Cygwin libpq++ builds
cleanly again. The root cause was that DLLIMPORT was defaulting to
__declspec(dllimport) since BUILDING_DLL was *not* defined when building
the libpq++ DLL.

Unfortunately, to test my patch requires changing the following makefile:

src/interfaces/libpq++/examples/Makefile

and the #includes in all of the *.cc to build against the source tree
instead of the following hardcoded installation directory structure:

/usr/local/pgsql

I was able to manually build

src/interfaces/libpq++/examples/testlibpq0.exe

against my Cygwin libpq++ without errors. However, I have not tried to
actually test testlibpq0.exe.

Is this sufficient? Or, do you want me to clean up libpq++/examples too?
(Or, is it silly to even ask? :,)) Let me know how you want to proceed and
I will submit a patch to pgsql-patches.

Jason Tishler