Re: Create table syntax

From: wsheldah(at)lexmark(dot)com
To: "satish rao " <csr_del(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Create table syntax
Date: 2001-08-31 14:58:24
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm not sure about all the square brackets around field names and types, but I
have a hunch they should either be converted to double quotes or left out
altogether.  Double quotes are needed if any field names have spaces or other
non-alpha characters.

Instead of IDENTITY (1, 1), use SERIAL, as follows:

     listid int SERIAL NOT NULL ,

If you run the statement from the psql command line utility, you'll need a
semicolon after the final right paren; it acts like "GO" does in MS SQL Server.

Looks like you're converting from SQL Server, no?  Check the techdocs section on
the postgresql.org website, I think there may be some tools or articles that
would also be helpful.

Good luck!

"satish rao " <csr_del%rediffmail(dot)com(at)interlock(dot)lexmark(dot)com> on 08/28/2001
02:52:36 AM