List archives moved and cleaned up ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2001-08-29 15:00:38
Lists: pgsql-interfaces pgsql-jdbc pgsql-novice pgsql-odbc

[ repeat posting to -announce ]

Finally figuring that enough is enough, I've been spending the past few
days working on the list archives ...

I've reformatted, so far, the following lists into a cleaner format:

pgsql-interfaces
pgsql-jdbc
pgsql-odbc
pgsql-novice
pgsql-hackers
pgsql-sql
pgsql-bugs
pgsql-general
pgadmin-hackers
pgadmin-support

With more lists to be worked on over the next few days ...

Major changes include the following:

Replaced the wide banner in the center with two smaller, 120x120
banners in the corners ...

Provide a search facility incorporated into each page that
searches the mhonarc pages themselves ...

Change the colors to better match the main site ...

Moved the archives to its own URL/Domain so that it is no
longer part of the general mirror of the site ...

There is still alot of work that I'm planning on doing on this, but I want
to get all of the archives moved first ...

To access any of the archives that have been moved, go to:

http://archives.postgresql.org/<list>

I've been modifying the links from the main web site for those lists that
I've moved, as I've moved them, so getting there through 'normal channels'
should also work ...

Once finished, there will also be links to the OpenFTS search facility
that we have online, which uses a different way of formatting/displaying
the messages, so you will have the choice of using either ...