Unterminated quoted string error.

From: "Thomas O'Dowd" <tom(at)nooper(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unterminated quoted string error.
Date: 2001-08-28 15:23:21
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi all,

I'm currently chasing down a bug. Wonder if anyone can throw some light
on it. I get the following exception.

An I/O error has occured while flushing the output - Exception: java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
Stack Trace:

java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:83)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:72)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:130)
at org.postgresql.PG_Stream.flush(PG_Stream.java:414)
at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:479)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.execute(Statement.java:294)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.Statement.executeUpdate(Statement.java:78)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:122)

And in the postgresql.log file I get...

ERROR: Unterminated quoted string
FATAL 1: Socket command type
unknown

But I'm pretty sure that my strings are quoted properly. That is to say that
there are about 90 escaped single quotes in a string I'm inserting also though.

Anyone seen this before? I'm currently using a version of the driver
that I compiled from cvs on the 18th of Jun. Was anything patched since
that might effect this?

Anyway, I've been digging around for quite a while now so I thought I'd
shoot the list a mail before going to bed.

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com
tom(at)nooper(dot)com - Testing - http://nooper.co.jp/labs