Re: Error messages not always reported through the ODBCdriver -STATEMENT ERROR missing

From: Kristis Makris <kristis(dot)makris(at)datasoft(dot)com>
To: Kristis Makris <kristis(dot)makris(at)datasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error messages not always reported through the ODBCdriver -STATEMENT ERROR missing
Date: 2001-08-27 20:20:04
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello again,

> > > wats=# begin;
> > > BEGIN
> > > wats=# select vendor_remove(1);
> > > ERROR: <unnamed> referential integrity violation - key in vendor
still
> > > referenced from vendorforwellagreement
> > > wats=# commit;
> > > COMMIT

> > > psql reports the error when I issue the SELECT statement, not when
> > > issue the commit. Shouldn't I be able to capture an exception when
I do
> > > an ExecuteSQL() from VC++, instead of a CommitTrans() ?
> >
> > Could you show me a reproducible example ?

Ok, I've managed to reproduce the bug. I'm attaching a .zip file that
contains a VC++ project that exhibits the bug along with a few sql files
needed to load the DB schema and some sample data. In order to load the
database, the file "SQL_Files\add_all.sql" needs to be loaded through
the psql client:

test=# \i add_all.sql

Hope this helps,
-Kristis

Attachment Content-Type Size
referentialConstraintsDoNotReportErrors.zip application/zip 38.1 KB