Re: PostgreSQL CVS does not compile under Cygwin (was Re: Cygwin test ...)

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL CVS does not compile under Cygwin (was Re: Cygwin test ...)
Date: 2001-08-27 18:13:00
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Bruce,

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 11:09:58PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Frankly, I have no idea what this stuff needs to get it to work.  I will
> put this in the patch queue and please send over whatever else you think
> will help.
>
> [snip]
>
> > Unfortunately, to test my patch requires changing the following makefile:
> >
> >     src/interfaces/libpq++/examples/Makefile
> >
> > and the #includes in all of the *.cc to build against the source tree
> > instead of the following hardcoded installation directory structure:
> >
> >     /usr/local/pgsql
> >
> > I was able to manually build
> >
> >     src/interfaces/libpq++/examples/testlibpq0.exe
> >
> > against my Cygwin libpq++ without errors.  However, I have not tried to
> > actually test testlibpq0.exe.
> >
> > Is this sufficient?

I just tested testlibpq0.exe and it functioned as expected, so I am very
confident of my latest patch.  Additionally, it should not affect any
platform (including Win32) except for Cygwin.

> > Or, do you want me to clean up libpq++/examples too?
> > (Or, is it silly to even ask? :,))  Let me know how you want to proceed and
> > I will submit a patch to pgsql-patches.

Sorry, but I'm going to punt on the above.  libpq++/examples really,
really wants to build against an installation tree instead of a source
tree.

Jason