Re: PostgreSQL CVS does not compile under Cygwin (was Re: Cygwin test ...)

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL CVS does not compile under Cygwin (was Re: Cygwin test ...)
Date: 2001-08-25 03:01:09
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

> Bruce,
>
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 12:52:54PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > The first attachment is the root cause of this problem. If I revert
> > > pgconnection.h to version 1.11, then Cygwin PostgreSQL (i.e., libpq++)
> > > builds cleanly again.
> > >
> > > I tried to build the Win32 stuff to see if the native libpq++ would build
> > > cleanly without the DLLIMPORT. Unfortunately, the Win32 build seems to
> > > be broken too... See second attachment. Note that I can build 7.1.2
> > > under MSVC++. Has the procedure for 7.2 changed?
> >
> > OK, have we resolved what should be in pgconnection.h?
>
> I just did a cvs update to try again to verify whether or not the
> Win32 libpq++ will build without the DLLIMPORT in pgconnection.h.
>
> Unfortunately, I still cannot build even the Win32 libpq. See the
> first attachment for my nmake output. Does the latest CVS really build
> under MSVC++? Seems like md5.c is missing from win32.mak...

OK, I just added md5.c to Win32.mak. This brings up another question.
dllist.c and md5.c are 'ln -s' from their homes to libpq directory,
while of course for win32.make we access them in their original
locations. Is there any reason to symlink them rather than just
refering to them in their original locations?

> BTW, jdbc does not seem to build anymore either. See the second
> attachment.

Yep, I threw out an email to the jdbc list an hour ago.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us