ERP Applications on Postgresql -- ERPTool

From: Amandeep Singh <aman_boparai(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us
Subject: ERP Applications on Postgresql -- ERPTool
Date: 2001-08-24 00:33:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to let you all know that I have been
working on development of financial applications
using,java, javascript, javabeans and of course
PostgreSQL database for past one year. I was out of
touch with the community for this time and it kinda
feels like as if I am coming out trenches. I heard and
read interviews by Geoff Davidson and Bruce Momijam.
In Geoff Davidson's interview there is talk about need
of Applications like Oracle or many other commercial
vendors have.
Well I cannot say that my Application , which I fondly
call ERPTool , can fill the need but ,it definitly can
provide a very good starting point.

Right now the modules it has are,
Order Entry,
Purchasing,
Receivables,
Payables,
GL (Basic)
Inventory (Very Basic)
There are three main points that set it apart from the
commercial applications.
1.It is built using mostly free/open source software.
2.It is highly and very rapidly customizable.
3.It needs nothing more than a browser on client side
to function.
While it serves all the basic needs for a small
company
it can very rapidly expanded by adding new forms and
functionality to suit the needs of an enterprise of
any size. I would like to colloborate with postgresql
and other open source communities to make one of the
most versetile and dependable product using open
source code.
Please let me know if this can be done.

Regards
Amandeep Singh