Re: Re: Couple of patches for jdbc driver

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter T Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: Couple of patches for jdbc driver
Date: 2001-08-23 14:46:18
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
> Quoting Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>:
>
> > > The other reason for telling people who are experiencing problems
> > with
> > > the driver to get the latest version is that their bug has probably
> > > already been fixed.
> > >
> > > However a certain degree of caution should probably be exercised
> > here.
> > >

> > The real problem is that I don't remember all the things we have fixed
> > in jdbc since 7.1.2 version so I am telling people to get the CVS
> > version even if I am not sure it is fixed in there.
>
> Isn't the changelog kept up to date anymore?

Uh, CHANGELOG?  :-)

No, I haven't been doing that, figuring I would update it in the main
release notes.  However, I haven't started doing that yet, and in fact I
don't think I know enough about jdbc to know how to describe the items.
I am relying on my compile tests and the jdbc list members for
assistance with patch evaluation.