Re: low performance

From: Andreas Wernitznig <andreas(at)insilico(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: low performance
Date: 2001-08-21 20:24:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I am aware of the performance drawbacks because of indices and triggers. In fact I have a trigger and an index on the most populated table.
It is not possible in my case to remove the primary keys during insert, because the database structure and foreign keys validate my data during import.

The problem is, that sometimes the performance is good, and sometimes the database is awfully slow.
If it is slow, postgres is eating up all CPU time and it takes at least 150 times longer to insert the data.
I don't know why and what to do against that.

Andreas