Re: build fixes

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Liam Stewart <liams(at)redhat(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: build fixes
Date: 2001-08-21 17:13:19
Lists: pgsql-patches

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 10:47:41AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > OK, I fixed the first one with:
> >
> > snprintf(PQerrormsg, PQERRORMSG_LENGTH,
> > "ident_unix: unknown local user with uid %d\n", peercred.uid);
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Whoops..you can tell I was just trying to get a clean build..

Great. No problem.

> > In the following patch, is it correct to make ECPGd_cardinality = 1 or
> > should it be put at the end of the list?
>
> Well, I just maintained the alphabetical ordering there. Unless there's
> code that depends on the specific integer values of the enumerations, it
> shouldn't make a difference. Next time I'll just submit a bug to hackers
> instead of delving into code I don't know all that well.

I found ecpg failing on my machine too. I put it near the end, just in
case something needs that first entry to be 1. In fact, they numbered
the first one, which I think means it mean something. They have some
marker at the end so I wonder is they use that for something too. I put
it right before the marker at the end.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us