Re: Float Percision with MS Access 97

From: Michael Calabrese <m2calabr(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Float Percision with MS Access 97
Date: 2001-08-20 22:03:05
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I am sorry, but I guess I did not make my question
clear. I am not looking for greater backend precision
(ie moving to float8).  There seems to be a
mis-comunication between Access and postgres with
float4.
Access is seeing the number with fewer digits than
want must be in postgres.  If I do a :
UPDATE Parts SET Count = round(Count,4);
Then the access query from my first email will work.
This is a pain right now because my users will get a
write conflict error, call me, I will find the
offending field, do and Update with the round(x,4),
then it will work.

I could fix it by putting round(x,4) with all float
fields, but this seems like a poor fix.