pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql Field ...

From: Bruce Momjian - CVS <momjian(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql Field ...
Date: 2001-08-17 14:45:50
Lists: pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:	/home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name:	pgsql
Changes by:	momjian(at)hub(dot)org	01/08/17 10:45:49

Modified files:
	src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql: Field.java errors.properties
	src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc2: ResultSet.java

Log message:
	Thanks for your feedback (and patience).  Enclosed is my third
	attempt at a patch to 7.1.2 to support Array.

	[I think I've solved the mangled patch problem.  Hotmail seems to
	try to format the text file, so gzipping it should solve this
	problem.]

	In this patch I've incorporated Barry's feedback.  Specifically:

	1)  OIDs are no longer hard-coded into Array.java.  In order to
	support this change I added a getOID(String) method to Field.java
	which receives a PostgreSQL field type and returns a value from
	java.sql.Types.  I couldn't get away from using OIDs altogether
	because the JDBC spec for Array specifies that some methods return
	a ResultSet.  This requires I construct Field objects,
	which means I need OIDs.  At least this approach doesn't hard
	code these values.  A Hashtable cache has been added to Field
	so that an SQL lookup isn't necessary (following the model already
	in Field.java).

	2)  Rewired the base formatting code in ResultSet.java to use 'to'
	methods, which are then exposed as static methods in ResultSet.
	These methods are used in Array to format the data without
	duplications in the code.

	3)  Artifact call to first() in ResultSet.getArray() removed.

	Greg Zoller

pgsql-committers by date

Next:From: Bruce Momjian - CVSDate: 2001-08-17 14:46:22