Re: postgresql 7.1.2

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: "Tamara D(dot) Blum" <tblum(at)jus(dot)gov(dot)ar>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql 7.1.2
Date: 2001-08-17 01:28:39
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Tamara,

In the future, please post to pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org instead of
sending private email so others can benefit too.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 11:30:06AM -0300, Tamara D. Blum wrote:
> Jason, i've read a mail from you asking for help to install postgresql,
> because of an error message with the tab-compile.c file. I'm having
> the same problem you had and i'm not finding any solution for it.

Unfortunately, it appears that some of my postings regarding this issue
seem never to have made it into the PostgreSQL mailing list archives.
Sigh...

> I was wandering if you can help me telling me the solution to correct
> this error. I read it was a bug in a file (readline 4.2) or something
> like that. How can i correct this error ?

You can solve this problem with one of the following:

1. Use the pre-built Cygwin PostgreSQL 7.1.2-3 (built against readline
4.2) that is available on the Cygwin mirrors.
2. Use the source for the above (already patched for readline 4.2) which
is also available on the Cygwin mirrors.
3. Apply the attached patch to the pristine PostgreSQL 7.1.2 source.

Is there any reason why #1 above does not meet your needs?

Jason

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgrl.patch text/plain 1.9 KB