Re: Cygwin test for current libpq sources?

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cygwin test for current libpq sources?
Date: 2001-08-16 18:48:20
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Tom,

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 06:16:28PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I've just finished (I think) cleanup after the recent libpq patches to
> make it work better on Win32. It is alleged that nonblocking mode works
> now on Win32. I am wondering if things are working or broken on Cygwin,
> however. When you get some time, would you pull CVS tip and try it out?

I just built the latest PostgreSQL CVS and ran it against essentially
the latest Cygwin CVS. make check failed with many connection refused
false positives. Previously, I would only get these occasionally. Recall
that Windows NT 4.0 Workstation and 2000 Professional only have a backlog
size of 5. Can the above mentioned changes be the cause of the increased
connection refused failures?

Additionally, I had (test) misc failures, but I believe that is due to the
other failures? Is that assessment correct?

Since the parallel schedule was failing, I decided to try the serial one.
With the serial schedule, all tests passed except for random. Normally,
I wouldn't worry, but random failed every time I ran either version of
the regression test except for once. Does this indicate a problem?

So, I think that Cygwin PostgreSQL is OK, but I'm not completely sure...

Is there anything else that you would like me to try?

Thanks,
Jason