Re: PostgreSQL

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Glenn Welker <glennw(at)festech(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Cygwin <cygwin(at)sources(dot)redhat(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL
Date: 2001-07-31 19:26:38
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Glenn,

On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 02:49:18PM -0400, Glenn Welker wrote:
> My apologies. I was trying to build PostgreSQL itself but I have
> aparently not given you enough information. This was not intentional
> and is probably due to my ignorance of the unix style environment.
>
> My apologies for bothering you.

Apology accepted. Sorry for the harsh tone, but I receive many of these
unsolicited emails. I'm also in the middle of a job change so I'm a
little testy right now.

Why aren't you using the pre-built PostgreSQL that I contributed to
Cygwin? Is these some reason that you need to build your own version?

> ps. I also was not aware of the appropriate mail list.

You will find the pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org and/or cygwin(at)cygwin(dot)com
mailing lists and archives very useful when trying to solve these kind
of problems.

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering Phone: 732.264.8770 x235