ODBC read/write permission in MS Access

From: Jason Turner <jasont(at)indigoindustrial(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC read/write permission in MS Access
Date: 2001-07-31 00:22:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Not sure if this should be here or in the ODBC list (that one
looked more developer-ish, wheras this list seems more admin-ish.
anyway....)

Testbedding an MS Access client to a PostgreSQL database, running
v 7.1.2 postgreSQL, Access 2000 on a Windows 2000 box. Got the driver,
version 7.1.0006. Worked like a treat, *except* for trying change
records on the Access end. The table is linked in Access via
"File->Get External Data->Link Tables". Not sure what I did wrong.
When I set up the DSN, I checked the options "Driver->Read Only"
(unchecked) and "Data Source->Read Only" (unchecked).
What did I miss?

Jason
--
Indigo Industrial Controls Ltd.