Re: Visual Basic and PostgreSQL ODBC

From: Fernando Lozano <fsl(at)centroin(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Ryan Ho <ryanho(at)pacific(dot)net(dot)sg>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Visual Basic and PostgreSQL ODBC
Date: 2001-07-30 03:39:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi there,

> Having done a fair bit of VB programming (in VB 6), it seems to me that
> recordcount is simply unreliable, no matter which database or which ODBC driver
> you use...

In fact the ODBC specs states that it may not be accurate for client/server databases because they may not know how many records satisfied a given query until you try to fetch them all. Personally I've seen this kind of erros against Oracle and DB2, but I've seen many programmers used to it because of Access databases.

[]s, Fernando Lozano