Re: BYTEA and ODBC driver

From: Ashley Clark <aclark(at)ghoti(dot)org>
To: Postgres Interface List <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BYTEA and ODBC driver
Date: 2001-07-24 08:10:36
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

* Hiroshi Inoue in "Re: [INTERFACES] BYTEA and ODBC driver" dated
* 2001/07/24 13:11 wrote:

> Ashley Clark wrote:
> >
> > Shouldn't I be able to store images in a field of BYTEA type? I
> > keep getting errors saying that I can't store that kind of
> > information in a field of that type. I'm using the latest ODBC
> > driver (7.01.0006).
>
> BYTEA type seems unavailable for your purpose.
> You seem to have to use large objects.
> See http://odbc.postgresql.org/ (FAQ).

Yes, I understand that using the lo type would work but what plans are
there to support BYTEA in the ODBC driver? Am I wrong in thinking that
TOAST was supposed to allow this kind of thing without the hacks that
were recently required (lo type)?

--
hacker sally