Re: Problem: plperl load failed (PGSQL 7.1.2)

From: Markwalder Philip <pm(at)ibp(dot)ch>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem: plperl load failed (PGSQL 7.1.2)
Date: 2001-07-18 07:33:22
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Tom

Thanks to your hint.

The problem in my envirement is, that I don't use the standard perl, so the libperl.so isn't in the default ld.so.conf directories.
After extending the envirement variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH the createlang command went smooth.

Thanks

Philip

PS: Should have thought of it myself ... :(

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:14:08 -0400

> Markwalder Philip <pm(at)ibp(dot)ch> writes:
> > I tried to load plperl into postgres. But got this error message:
>
> > ERROR: Load of file /opt/postgres/7.1.2//lib/plperl.so failed: undefined symbol: ap_null_cleanup
>
> Hm. There's no such symbol anywhere in the Postgres sources. My bet is
> that you are seeing a problem with the linker failing to locate the
> additional shared libraries that plperl.so requires --- libperl.so being
> the most obvious one, but maybe there are more in your configuration.
>
> Check ldconfig and so forth to see if the shared library search path
> is set up correctly.
>
> regards, tom lane

> http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

==============================
Markwalder Philip
Consultant
Philip(dot)Markwalder(at)trivadis(dot)com

Trivadis AG
Kanalstrasse 5
CH-8152 Glattbrugg
Tel.: +41- 1-808 70 20