Re: Patch to add support for partial indices

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch to add support for partial indices
Date: 2001-07-16 11:50:30
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 05:06:44PM +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > > 3. A needed feature not yet implemented is for psql's \d commands to
> > > show the predicate when displaying info about a partial index.
> >
> > I'll look at that. Can't be too difficult with the new get_expr
> > function :)
>
> If you're in there - might be useful if normal indices were shown with the
> keys they're defined over, rather than just the index name.

Well, I thought it'd be easy but a whole bunch of commands use the
listTables function which is great if they all output the same. However, to
add one column is not so easy. I mean, while I'm at it I could show the
query defining a view.

As for showing column names, I think you'd need a function to take a list of
names returned by a query and turn it into an array. Maybe there is such a
beast, but I havn't seen it yet.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/