your web site register is broken, cannot download Win32 distribution needed

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: your web site register is broken, cannot download Win32 distribution needed
Date: 2001-07-13 16:17:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Jill Gemmill (jgemmill(at)uab(dot)edu) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
your web site register is broken, cannot download Win32 distribution needed

Long Description
(1) I went to http://www.ca.postgresql.org/ftpsite/odbc/download.html to
download the Win32 Binary Distribution and it wants me to log in (anonymous
login not accepted).

(2) I could not find any information suggesting how to register. It would
be helpful to have a link that took you to the registration page so that you
didn't have to hunt around for it.

(3) On your home page, there is a link: http://www.pgsql.com/register but it
goes to an error page and there is no way to register. Here are the error messages caused by clicking on the register link:

Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: PQconnectPoll() -- connect() failed: Operation timed out Is the postmaster running (with -i) at 'db.hub.org' and accepting connections on TCP/IP port 5432? in /usr/local/www/php-global/global.php on line 10

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL link resource in /usr/local/www/php-global/global.php on line 15

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL result resource in /usr/local/www/php-global/global.php on line 16

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL link resource in /usr/local/www/php-global/global.php on line 17

What I'm looking for is the Win32 Binary Distribution. Thanks.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report