Sequences with pg_dump -a not properly set

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Sequences with pg_dump -a not properly set
Date: 2001-07-07 20:59:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs
HERVE Laurent (laurent_herve(at)infonie(dot)fr) reports a bug with a severity of 3

Short Description
Sequences with pg_dump -a not properly set

Long Description
I use PostgreSQL 7.0.3

When I use the pg_dump -a, the script contains CREATE SEQUENCE statements for loading data for sequences.
As the sequence already exists, the statement fails when I try to load the dump (for data only). It should have generated setval statements or something equivalent...

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Risko PeterDate: 2001-07-09 06:57:29