small ODBC problem

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: small ODBC problem
Date: 2001-07-06 16:14:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Jaeho,Huh (dduma(at)personaldb(dot)net) reports a bug with a severity of 3

Short Description
small ODBC problem

Long Description
In console, if I execute the multiple statements including with one error statement, then all statements will succeed except the one error statement. ( Of courcse I didn't use the 'BEGIN WORK' )

But in ODBC, if I execute the multiple statements including with one error statement, then all of the statements will not succeed. In other words, multiple statements are executed in transaction state in ODBC though without 'BEGIN WORK'.

I think ODBC run should be the same with the console.

Is it a bug?

Sample Code
In console
INSERT INTO a (aa,bb) VALUES ('a','b');INSERT INTO a (aa,bb) VALUES ('a',3);
^ ^
| |

success fail

In ODBC
INSERT INTO a (aa,bb) VALUES ('a','b');INSERT INTO a (aa,bb) VALUES ('a',3);
-----------> ALL Fail.

No file was uploaded with this report