not ordered with multibyte language in V7.12

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: not ordered with multibyte language in V7.12
Date: 2001-07-06 15:59:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Jaeho, Huh (dduma(at)personaldb(dot)net) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
not ordered with multibyte language in V7.12

Long Description
I found there is some problem in ordering with multibyte language.
(I use korean language - EUC_KR )

I used '--enable-locale --enable-multibyte options' (and others) with './configure' and executed 'initdb E EUC_KR'.

But if I select data using 'SELECT *** FROM *** ORDER BY aaa' (aaa is varchar column including korean language data), then the result data are not ordered.

There is no problem in ordering with English text, number, data, etc.
And the problem was not found in V7.0.

I use RedHat Linux 7.1 English version (2.4 kernel).

Is it a bug? Or did I have any mistakes?
Let me know please. Thank you.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report