Database Users Management and Privileges

From: "Jean-Francois Leveque" <leveque(at)webmails(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database Users Management and Privileges
Date: 2001-07-06 09:37:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Comming from Oracle, I was disapointed that
the users were not "per individual database".

I had to promote my database owner to superuser
to make it able to create users (I didn't want
to su to postgres for user creation).

Is there any chance that this will change in
the future ?

Regarding privileges, I was also disapointed to
see that the object owner rights (ALL) had to
be stored when grants where made on those objects
to other users. I rememeber reading something
about changes in privileges storing.

Is there a change regarding this in the TODO list ?

Best regards,

Jean-Francois Leveque

Sur WebMailS.com, mon adresse de courrier lectronique gratuite.
Service multilingue, sr, et permanent. http://www.webmails.com/