RE: [OT] Any major users of postgresql?

From: Colin Strickland <cms(at)sift(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: [OT] Any major users of postgresql?
Date: 2001-07-04 09:39:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On 04 Jul 2001 09:52:08 +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> Try:
>  (A big, big PGsql based site)
>  or
> (A site I've worked on)
>  or
> (The pgsql user gallery)
> Let me tell you right now that MySQL initially sounds sexy, but it is a
> NIGHTMARE without referential integrity and transaction support.

I can offer up
and about half a dozen others. All of these sites are backed by a single
postgresql 7.1 database

By the end of this month all of the communities based around our
SiftGroups platform ( ) will be backed by postgresql.

We have been migrating from MySQL and the intial results so far are
extremely promising. ( It has only been live for 4 days, mind ).
As the database developer I can say that in many ways we had reached a
point with MySQL where we were struggling to scale it efficiently. We
expect these problems to be overcome by using postgresql.

Colin M Strickland  perl -e'print "\n",map{chr(ord()-3)}(reverse split