Re: PyGreSQL pg.error Exception

From: Jason Earl <jdearl(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Denis Gasparin <denis(at)edinet(dot)it>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PyGreSQL pg.error Exception
Date: 2001-07-03 18:05:35
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Try this:

try:
db = pg.connect(parameters)
except pg.error, error_message
print error_message

I tend to write the except statement a little
differently to remind me that the first parameter to
except is actually expecting a tuple. So instead I
generally write:

except (pg.error,), error_message

Yes, that looks ugly. But two months later I don't
have to look in the info file to see how to call
except.

I hope that is helpful,

Jason