Re: pls Help us... (sql question)

From: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
To: ibrahim cobanoglu <icoban77(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pls Help us... (sql question)
Date: 2001-07-03 14:47:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

Best to ask your questions on the list, so others may find them,
with (hopefully) helpful answers in the archives in the future.

so, you've got a table with indistinguishable rows. I'm afraid you've
got to use an non ANSI extension. Every DB I've ever used has something
equivelant. In PostgreSQL, it's the 'oid', so in your case, you'd do:

SELECT oid,Name from tablename;

and see something like:
oid Name
102453 ibrahim first row
102455 ibrahim second row
103756 ibrahim third row

Then, you can delete, comparing on the oid:

DELETE FROM tablename WHERE oid=102455;

Ross