Re: Problem in Remote PostgreSQL connection.

From: "Thomas O'Dowd" <tom(at)nooper(dot)com>
To: vasudeva <vasudeva(dot)r(at)eximsoft(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem in Remote PostgreSQL connection.
Date: 2001-06-29 02:00:26
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Before looking at it as a driver problem, try telneting to the port
on the machine from the machine you are trying to run it on. ie...

Sys-A$ telnet Sys-B 5432

If it can't connect, then it is a network problem, like the firewall
etc getting in your way.

No route to host though sounds like the System-A has no routing information
about how to get to System-B, never mind the getting to a port on it. You
may need to add a static route... It doesn't look like a pgsql problem
from here.

Tom.

--
Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com