Re: Books on PostgreSQL?

From: "markus jais" <mjais(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Books on PostgreSQL?
Date: 2001-06-27 11:50:41
Lists: pgsql-general

"Alessandro Bottoni" <abottoni(at)quadrante(dot)com> schrieb am
27.06.01:
> Does anybody know either one of these books?
>
> PostgreSQL
> By Jeff Perkins
> Published by Prima Publishing
> ISBN: 0761524444
>
> PosgreSQL programmer's guide
> by Thomas Lockhart
> Published by iUniverse.com
> ISBN: 0595149170

hi,
do not know these two books.
the programmers guide should be available online
at www.postgresql.org

AFAIK are no more books on postgresql published right
now.
but wrox is working on a book called "beginning
databases with postgresql", available august
(see www.wrox.com - link "future titles")

and oreily told me, that they are working on
a postgresql book too, available according to
oreily germany in october 2001

hope this was helpful

markus

> Can anybody give me his/her opinion on them?
>
> Any other suggestion for a good book on PostgreSQL's System
Administration