Re: Perl postgres question

From: Danny Aldham <danny(at)lennon(dot)postino(dot)com>
To: ryanho(at)pacific(dot)net(dot)sg (Ryan Ho)
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Perl postgres question
Date: 2001-06-21 14:18:21
Lists: pgsql-novice

> At 12:08 PM 6/20/01 -0500, Williams, Travis L, NPONS wrote:
> >One more question.. what module(s) are you guys using to access postgres
> >from perl??
> >Travis
>
> I use the Pg module. I couldn't get DBI to work, perhaps due to my lack of
> skill.

I use the DBI module, and really recommend it. If you use Pg to code,
and later want to change the underlying database, you will need to
recode the whole project. If you use DBI, you may get away with
changing just one line.

--
Danny Aldham Providing Certified Internetworking Solutions to Business
www.postino.com E-Mail, Web Servers, Web Databases, SQL PHP & Perl