Module name: pgsql
Changes by: momjian(at)hub(dot)org 01/06/18 17:40:07
src/pl/plperl : Makefile.PL plperl.c
Well, after persuading cvsup and cvs that it _is_ possible to have local
modifiable repositories, I have a clean untrusted plperl patch to offer
* There's one perl interpreter used for both trusted and untrusted
procedures. I do think its unnecessary to keep two perl
interpreters around. If someone can break out from trusted "Safe" perl
mode, well, they can do what they want already. If someone disagrees, I
can change this.
* Opcode is not statically loaded anymore. Instead, we load Dynaloader,
which then can grab Opcode (and anything else you can 'use') on its own.
* Checked to work on FreeBSD 4.3 + perl 5.5.3 , OpenBSD 2.8 + perl5.6.1,
RedHat 6.2 + perl 5.5.3
* Uses ExtUtils::Embed to find what options are necessary to link with
perl shared libraries
* createlang is also updated, it can create untrusted perl using 'plperlu'
* Example script (assuming you have Mail::Sendmail installed):
create function foo() returns text as '
%mail = ( To => q(you(at)yourname(dot)com),
From => q(me(at)here(dot)com),
Message => "This is a very short message"
sendmail(%mail) or die $Mail::Sendmail::error;
return "OK. Log says:\n", $Mail::Sendmail::log;
' language 'plperlu';
pgsql-committers by date
|Next:||From: Bruce Momjian - CVS||Date: 2001-06-18 23:42:33|
|Subject: pgsql/src/backend postmaster/postmaster.c tcop ...|
|Previous:||From: Bruce Momjian - CVS||Date: 2001-06-18 21:38:03|
|Subject: pgsql/ ontrib/array/Makefile ontrib/cube/Makef ...|