Re: Australian timezone configure option

From: Chris Dunlop <chris(at)onthe(dot)net(dot)au>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Australian timezone configure option
Date: 2001-06-14 00:42:08
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-patches
On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 01:16:51PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > OK, this patch makes Australian_timezones a GUC option.  It can be set
> > > anytime in psql.  The code uses a static variable to check if the GUC
> > > setting has changed and adjust the C struct accordingly.  I have also
> > > added code to allow the regression tests to pass even if postgresql.conf
> > > has australian_timezones defined.
>
> Here is a new version of the patch.  Tom added callbacks to GUC boolean
> variables so I was able to make a separate Australian lookup table and
> clear the cache if anyone changes the setting.

With the new Australian timezone patch requiring Tom's callback patch
we're diverging more and more from the standard 7.1.2 code base, so for
my own 7.1.2 systems I'm going to revert to my original 'configure'
patch.

Thanks for your efforts on this (and everything else of course), and
looking forward to the 7.2 code!

Cheers,

Chris,
OnTheNet