pgsql/src backend/bootstrap/bootstrap.c backen ...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql/src backend/bootstrap/bootstrap.c backen ...
Date: 2001-06-12 22:54:06
Lists: pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:	/home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name:	pgsql
Changes by:	tgl(at)hub(dot)org	01/06/12 18:54:06

Modified files:
	src/backend/bootstrap: bootstrap.c
	src/backend/commands: variable.c
	src/backend/postmaster: postmaster.c
	src/backend/tcop: postgres.c
	src/backend/utils/misc: guc.c
	src/include/utils: guc.h

Log message:
	Extend GUC concepts of parse_hook and assign_hook to all four supported
	datatypes, not only strings.  parse_hook is useless for bool, I suppose,
	but it seems possibly useful for int and double to apply variable-specific
	constraints that are more complex than simple range limits.  assign_hook
	is definitely useful for all datatypes --- we need it right now for bool
	to support date cache reset when changing Australian timezone rule setting.
	Also, clean up some residual problems with the reset all/show all patch,
	including memory leaks and mistaken reset of PostPortNumber.  It seems
	best that RESET ALL not touch variables that don't have SUSET or
	USERSET context.

pgsql-committers by date