Re: tourble migrating from linux/Apache/postgresql/perl to win200 0/II S/postgresql/perl

From: Jason Tishler <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com>
To: Rishi Sharma <rsharma(at)Bigstep(dot)net>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tourble migrating from linux/Apache/postgresql/perl to win200 0/II S/postgresql/perl
Date: 2001-06-12 12:14:02
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Rishi,

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 02:52:32PM -0700, Rishi Sharma wrote:
> >Are you sure that gcc/binutils is set up correctly?  See the following
> >from your next posting:
>
> humm - how can I verify that the installation is setup properly?  I followed
> the steps on this page with a microscope:
> http://database.sarang.net/database/postgres/pgsql-nt/win2000-pgsql703/portN
> T-703.html

The following is the current version of the above:

    http://people.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html

> installed cygwin in D: drive
> untared the cygwinIPC in the "/" dir
> untared the postgresql7.1.2 in /usr/src and followed the rest of the
> instructions until step 8...I cannot run make.

Is make installed?  What errors do you get when you try to run make?
Does configure run without errors?

> do you have some script or command I can run to verify all is well?

Once again, if you are having trouble building PostgreSQL yourself, why
don't you use my pre-built Cygwin PostgreSQL distribution?

> I can't get the latest source built properly and the www.portgresql.org site
> only had this win32 version.  I will follow the instructions again in case I
> messed up, if it still doesn't work, I'll try using your win32 build.

If you have MSVC++ installed, then the Win32 client libraries build OOTB.

I'm still confused as to whether you need the Win32 or the Cygwin stuff.

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: 732.264.8770 x235

pgsql-cygwin by date