Re: tourble migrating from linux/Apache/postgresql/perl to win2000/II S/postgresql/perl

From: Jason Tishler <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com>
To: Rishi Sharma <rsharma(at)Bigstep(dot)net>
Cc: "'Pgsql-Cygwin ' '" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tourble migrating from linux/Apache/postgresql/perl to win2000/II S/postgresql/perl
Date: 2001-06-10 12:24:06
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Rishi,

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 05:15:12PM -0700, Rishi Sharma wrote:
> I am still running into setup/config issues with postgresql and perl under
> IIS. I hope this new thread will find answers from people that have done
> something similar in the past.

I have never done the above so I can only help you in a very limited way.

> Just to recap:
> - cygwin/cygipc are setup properly.

Are you sure that gcc/binutils is set up correctly? See the following
from your next posting:

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 05:40:51PM -0700, Rishi Sharma wrote:
> make -C utils fmgroids.h
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/usr/src/postgresql-7.1.2/src/backend/utils'
> CPP='gcc -E' AWK='gawk' /bin/sh.exe Gen_fmgrtab.sh
> ../../../src/include/catalog/
> pg_proc.h
> -nThe system cannot find the file specified.
> cpp0.exe: output pipe has been closed

> - I have taken the postgresql7.0 prebuilt NT binaries from
> http://www.ca.postgresql.org/ftpsite/binary/v7.0/NT. (I could not get the
> lastest source to compile on our IIS box because some include files were not
> part of the tar I downloaded. Perhaps there are external dependencies
> (visual c++?) that were not incluced in the tar. If someone has been able
> to compile the latest source for win32, please tell me where I can get it
> prebuilt.)

Why are you still using the pre-built PostgreSQL 7.0? If you can't
build a 7.1.2 yourself, then I would recommend the one that I contributed
to Cygwin. You can find one here:

http://mirrors.rcn.net/pub/sourceware/cygwin/contrib/postgresql/postgresql-7.1.2-1.tar.gz

or on other Cygwin mirrors.

> I belive the problem is the prebuilt postgresql7.0 NT binary I downloaded.
> There should be a libpq.dll (win32) library in this package but I only see a
> libpq.a (unix) library. I don't think the Pg.pm module can be loaded
> properly w/o this library - but as I noted above, I'm not able to build it
> myself on my IIS box.

IMO, the Win32 stuff should not be part of a Cygwin package. Anyway,
you can find a pre-built but *UNTESTED* Win32 package here:

http://members-http-2.rwc1.sfba.home.net/jtishler/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.1.2-1-win32.tar.gz

> Can you help?

Sorry, the above is the best that I can do.

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering Phone: 732.264.8770 x235