Re: Fwd: building the client libraries with gcc?

From: Jason Tishler <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com>
To: Jerry Asher <jerry(at)hollyjerry(dot)org>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: building the client libraries with gcc?
Date: 2001-06-05 15:49:45
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Jerry,

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 03:00:03PM -0700, Jerry Asher wrote:
> I sent this message to pg-cygwin four days ago and looked forward to your
> advice.
>
> Since perhaps you missed it, please excuse me if I send it direct to you now.

Hmm...

> Basically, I am trying to build the client libraries for postgres so that I
> can build a postgres driver into the aolserver open source webserver.  (I
> have a rather large application (the openacs toolkit) that uses aolserver
> and the postgres driver (on linux) and cannot change this application over
> to odbc for technical and cultural reasons.)
>
> Anyway, I need to build the client libraries.
>
> As I mention below, the instructions that come with pg on how to do this
> are Visual C++ oriented, most likely since the original author was not
> aware of the cygwin project.
>
> Have you tried to build the client libraries using just gcc and cygwin
> tools?  Can you offer any hints or advice?

You can try Mingw or Cygwin's gcc -mno-cygwin, but I have never tried to
do this myself.  Otherwise, you can download a pre-built (using MSVC++),
*BUT UNTESTED* libpq.dll and libpqdll.lib from:

    http://members.home.net/jtishler/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.1.2-1-win32.tar.gz

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: 732.264.8770 x235

pgsql-cygwin by date

Previous:From: Pat HardyDate: 2001-06-05 01:30:28
Subject: Re: Cannot build JDBC driver for PostgreSQL 7.12 on NT