Re: [INTERFACES] libpq sockets on win32

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jeff(at)jeffjohnson(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] libpq sockets on win32
Date: 2001-06-04 18:22:45
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-interfaces

Can you try this patch and let me know if it helps? It is a different
approach. This was the only place I saw errno checked for a
non-predefined value.

One other solution may be to use the #define only in the libpq C files
that need it. What really stinks is that the errno define is only
useful for socket errno settings.

I do see a use in fe-connect.c:

#ifndef WIN32
if (errno == EINPROGRESS || errno == 0)
#else
if (WSAGetLastError() == WSAEINPROGRESS)
#endif

I hate to litter this through the whole source. I wonder if we have to
bracket the errno checkes with #define/#undef. Can you try that with
the fix described on the web page. The above would convert to:

#ifdef WIN32
#define errno WSAGetLastError
#endif
if (errno == EINPROGRESS || errno == 0)
#ifdef WIN32
#undef errno
#endif

Maybe make these into their own macros somehow.

> > > This article describes the problem and work around.
> > > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/winsock/ovrvw3_26ia.htm
> >
> > I can't read that web site under Netscape.
> >
> > If I could read it, I think I could fix it. Please send it in some
> > readable format.
> >

> I chopped the content out and stuck it into a basic HTML file and
> attached it.
>
> Thanks for taking a look,
> Jeff

[ Attachment, skipping... ]