Re: Re: Interesting Atricle

From: ncm(at)zembu(dot)com (Nathan Myers)
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: Interesting Atricle
Date: 2001-06-04 19:13:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 10:59:20AM -0400, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> > > The only interesting thing I noticed is how fast it crashes my
> > > Netscape-4.76 browser ;)
> >
> > Yours too? I turned off Java/Javascript to get it to load and I am on
> > BSD/OS. Strange it so univerally crashes.
>
> Really odd. I have Java/Javascript with FreeBSD and Netscape 4.76 and
> read it just fine. One difference tho probably, I keep style sheets
> shut off. Netscape crashes about 1% as often as it used to.

This is getting off-topic, but ...

I keep CSS, Javascript, Java, dynamic fonts, and images turned off, and
Netscape 4.77 stays up for many weeks at a time. I also have no Flash
plugin. All together it makes for a far more pleasant web experience.

I didn't notice any problem with the Zend page.

Nathan Myers
ncm(at)zembu(dot)com