Re: PostgreSQL on Win98+Cygwin

From: Jason Tishler <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com>
To: "David A(dot) Cobb" <superbiskit(at)home(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL on Win98+Cygwin
Date: 2001-06-04 15:48:20
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 08:31:32PM -0400, David A. Cobb wrote:
> I guess from the fact that you post PostgreSQL news on the list that you
> are maintaining [or at  least are knowledgable about] the Cygwin port.

Yes, I am the Cygwin PostgreSQL maintainer.  However, essentially 100%
of my experience is under Windows NT or 2000.

> The PostgreSQL document set says pretty definitely that you cannot run the
> server side on an Win98 configuration, but that note is really with the
> native code description.
>
> If there is such a limit, can you identify where is the limitation?

Did you see the following?

Since I no longer have access to a Windows 9X/Me machine, I cannot be
of further assistance in this regard.  Maybe someone else on this list
who runs PostgreSQL under Windows 9X/Me can help you?

In the future, please post to pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org or one of the
Cygwin lists, so others can benefit too.

Thanks,
Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: 732.264.8770 x235

pgsql-cygwin by date