Backend unexpectedly closed connection

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Backend unexpectedly closed connection
Date: 2001-06-04 03:59:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Paul Mamin (magamos(at)mail(dot)ru) reports a bug with a severity of 4

Short Description
Backend unexpectedly closed connection

Long Description
Sequence:
listen xxx;
create table xx (a int4);
create rule xx_xx2 as on delete to xx where old.a=1 do notify xxx;

Output:
something like "backend closed connection"

Output I expected:
at least some error message, but not closing of connection.
I know that my SQL sequence is wrong, but i just expected the error
message.

PostgreSQL version:
7.1.1

Platform information:
Linux Slackware 7.1, kernel 2.4.1

Sample Code
listen xxx;
create table xx (a int4);
create rule xx_xx2 as on delete to xx where old.a=1 do notify xxx;

No file was uploaded with this report