Re: A feature that I'd like to see....

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: Steve Wolfe <steve(at)iboats(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A feature that I'd like to see....
Date: 2001-05-31 19:23:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Steve Wolfe wrote:

> Here's something that would be very useful to those of us with
> high-traffic DB servers, and of course, if it already exists, slap me
> silly and point me in the right direction - it would be very useful to be
> able to find out what query was being processed by a particular backend.
> That way, when I see that there is a backend taking an entire CPU to
> itself for several minutes, it would make it immensely easier to track
> down the culprit.

Coming with the statistics stuff I'll post to PATCHES
tomorrow is a view that shows (only to superusers) the
queries currently executed by the backends of all databases.
More precise, the query it did a couple of milliseconds
before, because there is little delay causing the backend
that asks usually to show up <IDLE>.

Jan