Re: Access statistics

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, PostgreSQL HACKERS <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Access statistics
Date: 2001-05-31 19:10:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> >     In  the  next  couple of hours (at least tomorrow) I would be
> >     ready to commit the backend changes  for  table-/index-access
> >     statistics and current backend activity views.
> >     Should  I  apply  the patches or provide a separate patch for
> >     review first?
>
> Considering that you've not offered any detailed information about
> what you plan to do (AFAIR), a patch for review first would be polite ...

    We  had that discussion a couple of weeks ago down to if it's
    better to use UNIX or INET domain UDP sockets. But I expected
    it  not  to  be detailed enough for our current quality level
    :-)

    It's incomplete anyway since the per  database  configuration
    in  pg_database  is  missing and some other details I need to
    tidy up. So I'll wrap up a patch tomorrow.

Jan