Re: Start up and shutdown scripts for postgres on cygwin

From: Jason Tishler <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com>
To: Richard Church <rfchurch(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Start up and shutdown scripts for postgres on cygwin
Date: 2001-05-31 14:34:24
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Richard,

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 02:22:10AM -0000, Richard Church wrote:
> Does the cygrunsrv have a home page?

AFAIK, no.

> I have checked the cygwin homepage but I have not seen it there. Can you
> tell me the location? I would like to read more about before installing it?

cygrunsrv is one of the latest packages -- it is automatically installed
when you update from a Cygwin mirror. The tarball is only 15K --
so why don't you just install it? Note that installing the package
has no affect on your system (except for disk space consumption) until
you start to install services with it. So why don't you install it and
read the README? Otherwise, you can always download and untar to a temp
directory and then delete it...

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering Phone: 732.264.8770 x235