Re: Re: ODBC Security

From: Ludek Finstrle <xfinstrl(at)informatics(dot)muni(dot)cz>
To: "Selowa, Simon" <sselowa(at)mail(dot)sbic(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: ODBC Security
Date: 2001-05-28 16:14:15
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> Is it possible to set up a security or access rights for ODBC connection?.
> Lately, I have experienced a problem whereby a user deleted a table from my
> DB2 Database. This user accesses the database via the ODBC connection.

It depends what you want. If you fill in configuration dialog for ODBC
username and password then it's impossible.

But you can configure ODBC without filling username an password and then
user have to fill username and password to connect to postgres (only once
per session) when he use ODBC connection. And in postgresql you can specify
users and their privileges.

Regards

Luf