C++ usage question

From: Patrick Welche <prlw1(at)newn(dot)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: C++ usage question
Date: 2001-05-25 16:24:36
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Within a C++ program I essentially do

PgDatabase db ("dbname=sameone")
PgDatabase db2("dbname=sameone")

db.Exec("BEGIN")
db.Exec(select)
loop over db.Tuples()
db2.Exec(query involving results from db)
do stuff with db2 result

db.Exec("COMMIT")

1) Is the way to keep to results really to have 2 PgDatabase, or is there a
simple way of saving the result set before having it replaced by the next
query?

2) Does that BEGIN/COMMIT just apply to the queries in db, the db2 queries
each automatically having their own transaction?

I know I can experiment to find out, but maybe one of you already knows the
answer...

Cheers,

Patrick