pg_dumpall problem

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dumpall problem
Date: 2001-05-22 03:23:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Karthikeyan V (karthik(at)asianbourses(dot)com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
pg_dumpall problem

Long Description
I'm using tar version of PostgreSql 7.0. I'm planning to move to PostgreSql 7.1 and I wanted to backup the databases using pg_dumpall.
But when I run the command pg_dumpall > filename . I get the following error:

"failed sanity check, table user_details was not found
pg_dump failed on users, exiting"

I checked for the table user_details in the database but there was no such table in that name. The entire database was migrated from PostGreSql 6.5 to 7.0. We had the table user_details but it had been deleted. I would like to know how to get around this problem. It would be better, if you could look into this matter immediately and give me the solution. I can see from the mailing list many people having this problem.

Note:
----
I tried creating the table user_details in the database space still the error is coming up.

Looking forward your reply

Regards
Karthikeyan V

Sample Code