Re: SQL query help - online music shop - labels & styles

From: Nabil Sayegh <nsmail(at)sayegh(dot)de>
To: Oliver Beddows <oliver-b(at)ntlworld(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL query help - online music shop - labels & styles
Date: 2001-05-18 13:00:45
Lists: pgsql-novice

On 18 May 2001 13:20:25 +0100, Oliver Beddows wrote:
> Which produces the following:
> ----------------------
> label | style
> ----------------------
> Matsuri Productions | House
> Matsuri Productions | Techno
> Matsuri Productions | Trance
>
> BUT! How can I achieve the following??
> --------------------------------
> label | style1 | style2 | style3
> -------------------------------
> Matsuri Productions | House | Techno | Trance

Several times I asked if there is a SQL-way to transpone.
As I didn't get an answer I believe the answer is no.

If there was such a function it would have to take care of at least the
following:
The contents of the first column of table t has to follow the
conventions for column-names.
Columns 1..n of t have to be of the same type.

Perhaps it is possible to write a plpgsql-function for it,
but propably it's not worth the effort.

cu

--
Nabil Sayegh