Re: Win32 native port question

From: Jason Tishler <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com>
To: Brother Tuck <brothertuck72(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Win32 native port question
Date: 2001-05-18 13:25:43
Lists: pgsql-ports
Emmanuel,

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 07:59:21AM -0000, Brother Tuck wrote:
> Thank's for your answer. What I mean in my previous mail, it's a wish.
> Is it possible to get Postgres compiled natively on Windows ?
> Sorry but for me cygnus is not a native stuff. Even If postgres run very
> well. I have try it ;c)
> I believe no... I'm sure that if you provid a native port without cygnus
> interface. Microsoft will be interested to put it on their system. For
> example I would like to provid the database to several customer. I have
> explain the product to 10 differents customer and showing them the benefit
> to use postgreSql. Only one agree with me, all other are against because
> PostgreSql is not a native port.

I purposely avoided your native Win32 port question before because I
am not qualified to answer it.  FWIW, I will pass along some hearsay.
IIRC, it have been stated before that the PostgreSQL team has no plans
for a native Win32 port.

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235

pgsql-ports by date